I got this recipe years ago from the brother of the guy who I was dating at the time. The name is from them (or someone prior to them), so I can’t take credit for it, but boy oh boy, it’s dead on. If you’re looking for low fat or low cholesterol, this isn’t the recipe for you. But if you’re looking for delicious brownies that you likely want to share with lots of other people, this is for you!
The recipe is quite simple to make:
1 cup butter
3/4 cup cocoa (it doesn’t specify, but use unsweetened. See next ingredient)
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8×8 pan. You could do a double batch and put it in an 11×17 pan with a little extra batter
2. Melt butter over low heat
3. In mixing bowl stir cocoa and sugar together. Then add melted butter
4. Add eggs and vanilla then stir again
5. Add flour and salt and mix until smooth
6. Bake for 40-50 minutes until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of pan (I also test with a toothpick so it’s not just raw batter in the middle)
7. The hardest part: let cool for a while before cutting.